GoFundMe yanked a page attempting to raise $5 million to bail out the dangerous ex-con accused of killing six people by driving through a Wisconsin Christmas parade.
The fundraiser for Darrell Brooks, 33, came amid outrage that he’d even been offered bail — with prosecutors admitting he was free to plow through revelers in Waukesha after being sprung on an “inappropriately low” bond for another alleged car attack earlier this month.
But the fundraising effort insisted Brooks was a victim of a “racist” justice system — using hashtags including #RacismIsReal and #BLM, according to screenshots first shared by Law Enforcement Today.
It was set up by someone under the name James Norton, who called the convicted pedophile and accused mass killer “our dear friend.”
“As someone who knows Darrell personally I can tell you that he would NEVER do such a thing and I know he is innocent of what he was charged with,” the fundraiser claimed of Brooks, whose rap sheet stretches over decades.
“I am seeking to raise the bail so Darrell can be released and speak his truth to his side of the story in this tragic situation that sees another black man behind bars in a purely political and racist trial,” it stated.
“There is no excuse for this continued treatment of black Americans by prosecutors around the country,” the fundraiser claimed.
“We ask that he be treated equally as anyone else in this country would be treated and he should be released until found guilty,” it said, according to the screenshots.
It ended, “#BLM, #IStandWithDarrell, #NoJusticeNoPeace and #RacismIsReal.”
The fundraiser sought to raise the full $5 million, but it was not immediately clear if any donations were made.
However, GoFundMe told The Post that it “removed the fundraiser before any funds were raised because it violates GoFundMe Terms of Service.”
The person behind it was also “banned from using the GoFundMe platform for any future fundraisers,” a spokesperson said.
It was found after the company launched its specialist “crisis response team” to monitor any pages tied to the Waukesha horror to make sure they were legitimate, the spokesperson said.
“Fundraisers with misuse are very rare, and we take all complaints very seriously,” the spokesperson said.
“Our team works with law enforcement to report issues and assists them in any investigations they deem necessary.”
The site had come under fire after huge fundraising efforts for Kyle Rittenhouse, 18, before he was acquitted of the fatal triple shooting at riots in Kenosha, also in Wisconsin, in the summer of last year.
The crowdfunding site now says that it now prohibits “raising money for the legal defense of an alleged violent crime.”
Brooks’ case has further raised fears over the trend to allow suspects of violent crimes to be released at all.
Brooks was out on $1,000 cash bail at the time of Sunday’s tragedy after he allegedly punched the mother of his child and purposefully ran her “over with his vehicle” in a Milwaukee gas station parking lot on Nov. 2.
Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm, who admitted the bail was “inappropriately low,” had previously conceded that his progressive reforms “guaranteed” killers could be put back on the street.
Brooks is accused of deliberately plowing through the parade Sunday, killing six, including an 8-year-old boy, Jackson Sparks.
A verified fundraiser for Sparks — whose 12-year-old brother, Tucker, had his skull fractured in the attack — was on Thursday morning the site’s biggest fundraiser, having collected $411,553, more than 20 times its initial goal to get $20,000.
The top six fundraising sites were all victims of the attack, including two that each raised more than $100,000 for children left on life support.